Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you play games on your phone and if you do?

• 17-05-2022 7:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,324 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

Do you give out to it when playing on online game and someone on your side is no good or not doing what they should do.

I do not to either and I just think it's an awful waste of time and energy tgat could be spent bettering oneself like learning something new or catching up on T.V or online shows.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,615 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭put_the_kettle_on

I play Scrabble on my phone. The giving out bit doesn't really come into it with my kind of gaming though.

You do get to chat to your opponents which is grand and I've made friends all over the globe thanks to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,839 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Nope, no games on my phone…. Only times I’d play games out and about would be if I was stuck in an airport, or on a flight and I’d have my iPad which has quite a few games…

Scrabble, wordsearch, FIFA, 8 ball pool, sonic dash and sonic boom, World Series of poker and some quiz games….

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I love gaming. It's what I do with most my time. But I just can't get into gaming on a phone. I can't even watch much more than a semi-interesting YouTube video on my phone, because I have a 49" 4K tv which everything looks so much better on. I don't why I would want to play it on a tiny screen with either crap touch controls or having to haul around a controller to play with.

I do play games on my phone when having a smoke. But I wouldn't really call it gaming, as it's usually something simple like a puzzle game. But on the tv, I used to shout, not anymore. Don't really play online much, aside from a bit of Rocket League, so if I was to shout I'd only be shouting at myself. And I do that enough as it is.

Re: waste of time, it's no less wasted that watching millionaires kick inflated leather around for the peasants amusement. Or catching the latest episode of [insert brain killing tv crap here]. Tbh, what good is reading a book in comparison? And better yourself? Gaming helps you develop problem solving, spatial and hand-eye coordination skills, as well as vision and speed skills. Compared to drinking alcohol while shouting at a tv for "your" team to do the things you think you could do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,324 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I Never said T.V shows better people but at least they are not time wasted. Don't get me wrong I have spent many hours too playing games just not in a long time.

I just think mobile games are bad. I have tried some and found them all terrible.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,615 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

You did:

I do not to either and I just think it's an awful waste of time and energy tgat could be spent bettering oneself like learning something new or catching up on T.V or online shows.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,892 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

The Nintendo ones are actually not bad... Mario Kart Tour and Mario Run

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭goldenmick

@AMKC - Do you play games on your phone

Yes, I play football on mine. But running over it with studs tends to fcuk the screen up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

No.

Advertisement