Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long notification email titles

Options
  • 17-05-2022 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭

Hi – Subject lines for email notifications about new posts in followed threads are very long, i.e.

[boards.ie - Now Ye're Talkin'] Username just added a comment in Forum Name: Thread Title

This means I often cannot see what thread a notification is for until I open the email.

(In addition, as I mentioned before,  the lack of an option to get just a single email per thread, for the first new post before one revisits, means that following busier threads swamps one’s mailbox!)

Suggestion: Omit the “Now Ye’re Talkin’” (and perhaps the username) and maybe shorten “just added a comment”. E.g. could have just

boards.ie – new comment in Forum Name: Thread Title

Thanks for reading

Post edited by Spear on

Advertisement