Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Privatization of Prison service

Options
  • 17-05-2022 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Just read an article today on the prison service and it seems to suggest the possible breakaway of the prison service from the public service . My question is if this happens how will it affect the prison service from the prison guards point of view . Will it affect pay and conditions? How will it change the job and what will be the pros and cons of the job if this happens ?

I will post the link of the article here .

https://www.thejournal.ie/prison-officers-association-conference-annual-pay-rise-5748068-Apr2022/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Stretch1432

Oh right not good. I'm applying for the prison service this year . While their is no guarantee this is going to happen I am just keeping an eye on this . I hope they just leave the job as is.

If it isn't broke don't fix it . . It seems that overcrowding seems to be a common problem in our prisons and they could do with building more .

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

There's been talk of privatising the prison service for years, it's hard to see it happening any time soon. There will be massive resistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Stretch1432

Will it be a good or bad thing ? How will it affect prison officer s

Advertisement