Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Massive mahogany tops vs mahogany tops

Options
  • 18-05-2022 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,650 ✭✭✭

I can see this distinction on the thomann online instrument selling website when I apply filters for acoustic guitars in the listing of, say 0/OO/OOO guitars

I just can't seem to work out what the difference is as both the "massive mahogany " tops and the "mahogany tops" are also described as "solid". (so not laminated seemingly)

And google is not much of a friend to me either.

Could it be something lost in translation from German?(they are a German company aren't they?)

They are very helpful and I am sure they would explain if I opened their chat line again but I thought I might ask here first.

It is actually an all mahogany OOO Fender (acoustic) at about 550eu that I am looking at.

They don't seem to like Fenders there even though they sell them but I think I might go for it anyway...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

Never heard that term before.

as to Fender?

They make great electrics.

I own a few.

I have never played a Fender acoustic that I didn't want to put down immediately.

but its all personal taste, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,650 ✭✭✭amandstu

I come across that reaction a bit.I have ordered it anyway and so I will have the chance to make up my own mind

If necessary I will send it back and get something else as I have 30 days to do that.

They tell me that it is solid mahogany, anyway.

Advertisement