Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Standard piston rings for a Wolseley 16 60 / BMC Farina / MGA etc.

• 18-05-2022 3:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭

I wonder where I will turn in my search for a 3" / 76.20mm std piston ring set I have made enquiries with any number of UK companies, and in response I have got in one case something else (a 15/50, Riley 1500) piston ring set and another company sent me something that was correct except it was very severely corroded. NTG, my usual source for parts, cannot even locate pistons, which would have the rings, specifically the oil rings, while the other rings are a bit worn. No luck either via the Morris Oxford Owners club. Every other needed engine part wasn't a problem getting, just that. There'd be no issue if that car had been bored out. Pistons for those sizes are relatively easy to get. The engine block itself is in good order and I won't have it bored out. Any suggestions as to sources?

Comments

Advertisement