Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Needing a No.2 toilet break on a run causing race day anxiety

Options
  • 18-05-2022 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭Lazare

I'm posting this on behalf of a family member who is understandably too embarrassed to ask the question herself.

My wife and I signed up for the race series and I've asked her to sign up. She hasn't raced before and I think she would love the experience. She's running about a year.

She's confided in me that she's afraid to because far too often on runs she needs an urgent toilet break, limiting her to keeping close to her house, or somewhere where a toilet break is possible.

She eats healthily, doesn't drink or smoke or have any issues generally in that regard.

I told her I would ask here to see if anyone else has experienced this and figured out a way to overcome it.

Visiting the toilet before she heads out obv sorts it out but the race series events are all morning starts leaving her anxious about signing up.

Any tips or advice?

Comments

Advertisement