Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firearms Licence Galway City

Options
  • 18-05-2022 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hey,

Does anyone have any experiance with applying for a firearms licence in Galwy City. I'm finding it very hard to get hold of the FO. First licence, everything up to date and ready to go but I would like to talk to him first. Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Richard308

Just drop it in I’d say. They won’t be long contacting you. Tell them you had hoped to meet them first.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Yep, as Richard308 said, just drop in the application and let nature take its course.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 anotherguy33

Thanks lads, just heard stories of applications becoming "lost". Was told to hand it directly to FO.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭JP22

FO is always preferable but not always available, whoever takes in your application has to complete the verification/identification section.

Once this is complete I normally put the application in an envelope for Station FO and ask what his/her name is for the envelope and for future reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

As said many times before.If your application gets "lost"in a garda station,your response is you will be informing the data protection comissioner office of this very serious data breach of your personal and confidential information by a Govt body.After all it's only your medical info,address ,photo,what type of firearm,how much ammo,what your security arrangement is ,the serial number of your gun and if it has a silencer or not....Trivial stuff to lose really.

Quite amazing how quickly those applications are "found"and processed ,once this other organisation is mentioned.🙄

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
Advertisement