Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rome

• 18-05-2022 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Hi folks,

My wife and I are heading to Rome this Friday for a few days. I'd like to get out early some morning to shoot the Colosseum and possibly the Roman Forum around sunrise, apart from the fact this would require getting up at stupid o'clock I'm just wondering if any of you have any experience in this regard. Is it safe for a lone photographer or a bad idea on the whole.

Thanks in advance,

Brendan.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,344 ✭✭✭✭phog

I've never done sunrise there but I've been there for sunset and later, it was always busy and the "street sellers" were providing tripods, offering to take group photos, etc anything to make money. Really not sure about early morning but there's a fairly busy road that runs near the Colosseum so you probably wouldn't be there on your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭topazkk

Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 olymoly

Cool idea! I think you don’t have to worry about your safety (especially when shooting in the morning). But you should be aware that you can’t get into the colosseum and forum romanum without a ticket, I guess they want open at sunrise :P

I’d recommend to get up one of the hills instead -eg. Villa Borghese (it’s a park as well) there you should also have a nice view from the top. Or simply get shoot some streets and coffeehouses – could be fun! 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,344 ✭✭✭✭phog

Tip - re tickets for the Colosseum, buy your ticket at the Roman Forum and you can use it at the Colosseum, less of a queue at the Roman Forum.

The Roman Forum is worth a visit in its own right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭mikeybhoy

Rome is a great city probably my favourite would highly recommend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

I love Rome, so many things to shoot. Would love to go back again (been there 3 or 4 times)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Rome is a treasure trove for photographers. There are so many churches there, all of them ornate and beautiful, like mini St. Peters

I found Rome over hyped!

Advertisement