Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Union loan with poor credit history

• 18-05-2022 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi there,

I am thinking of applying for a small credit union personal loan (3000-5000) in order to go travelling and other personal expenses. I have a full time job, however my credit history is poor as missed a couple of payments on a previous loan over 3 years ago (now paid off). i was hoping to rebuild my credit rating also.

I am wondering do credit unions allow people to act as guarantor on such a loan? And if so, how likely is it that my loan would be approved if guaranteed by someone with a strong credit rating with savings?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Can't accurately answer this without a lot more information (that you shouldn't provide to someone on the internet).

Your first step is to get a copy of your CCR report from the central bank and make sure it's showing on in it. This is free and is available from their website.

If it is, then approach your credit union (or other lenders) and ask them. Worst they can do is say no.

Advertisement