Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the average legal costs to switch mortgage?

• 19-05-2022 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

Hi switching lender soon, 3 years into a 20year mortgage. I'm being charged nearly €2k in legal fees, including all the usual requesting deeds, folio maps searches etc. Is this an excessive cost to switch? What's the average please?

Best Answer

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭limerickabroad

Hi, I just finished the switching process, switched from Ulster Bank to AIB. Total invoice (everything included) from my solicitor was 1379 euro. That's in Limerick City, I'm told some country solicitors can be a bit cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭vinniem

Thanks guys, looks like I'm getting done again :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭raxy

I'm about to switch & contacted ~ 10 solicitors around Dublin. Cheapest was €1500 all in but that was advertised on their website. I e-mailed them but got no reply. The rest ranged from 1550 - 2200.

I've just applied through exfees.ie but haven't got a quote yet. The website says professional fees of 695 & that national average fees are 955. I'll post again when I get a full quote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,592 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

I paid 1,042 recently:

Prof fee = 750

Misc outlay = 50

VAT on 800 = 184

Searches = 43.05

Copy folio on completion = 5.00

Bank charges = 10

Total = 1,042.05

Other fees

Fee to bank to discharge title deeds = 73

Witness to sign some docs = 20