Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loans with poor credit

• 19-05-2022 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi there, 

I am thinking of applying for a small credit union personal loan (3000-5000) in order to go travelling and other personal expenses. I have a full time job, however my credit history is poor as missed a couple of payments on a previous loan over 3 years ago (now paid off). i was hoping to rebuild my credit rating also. 

I am wondering do credit unions allow people to act as guarantor on such a loan? And if so, how likely is it that my loan would be approved if guaranteed by someone with a strong credit rating with savings?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Since it is a small loan, you are better off saving over a few months.

There is not credit rating... it is simply a record of your past financial behaviour. And having to get a guarantor in order to get a small low will not instil confidence in any lender, but being able to demonstrate a track record of saving would go along way to conuter previous behaviour.

Advertisement