Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maintenance Variation Order

Options
  • 19-05-2022 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Hi,

Has anyone done this directly? I've been paying maintenance to my Ex wife now for 7 years, unfortunately I've lost my job and I'm no longer in a position to continue the payment. I can see from the link below I can apply to the courts to vary the payment however I can't find any details on what forms to fill or how I do it

Any help appreciated

Comments

Hi,

Its court form 54.11 - Summons To Discharge Or Vary Maintenance Order - Family Law (Maintenance Of Spouses And Children) Act, 1976 (opens as a word document).

If you go to your local District Court (in Dublin, thats Dolphin House) the clerk will issue the necessary paperwork to your ex. There is no fee for doing this.

You will be given a date for a court hearing, and will be asked to fill out an Affidavit of Means in advance of the hearing. This is basically a list of your income and outgoings that will go before the Judge. (Your ex will be asked to provide an affidavit as well).

Make sure you have proof of income and receipts / bills to back up all your living costs.

Judge will then decide on any variation.

Advertisement