Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving other cars 3rd party on a fully comprehensive policy

Options
  • 19-05-2022 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi,

On a previous policy I was covered to drive other cars 3rd party with no requirement of an active insurance policy on that car.

This company now in their policy requires this clause (and others)

Does anyone know if there any companies who will still provide cover like this? Or has it all been tightened up on?

I'm about to start reading through policy wordings but if anyone had any insight before I do it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Aviva, Liberty and Zurich have that requirement. The likelihood is that all of them will eventually follow. It's there to prevent people from buying a powerful car, registering it in the name of a neighbour or family member, insuring a Micra in their own name and then 'borrowing' the powerful car and relying on their 'driving other cars' cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭passatman86

Allianz allow it with no policy on car driven with 3rd party needed - but that car cant be in your name or you cant have an insurable interest "think that means your partner cant own it"

Think liberty now require the car driven on 3rd party extension to have its own policy

Advertisement