Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stephanie McMahon stepping away from the WWE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,558 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Hunter's heart condition and 3 teenagers all leaving home in the next few years, yeah, I get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Steph stepping away, HHH's health issues, Shane out of the loop or on the periphery and Vince being ancient.

Nick Khan biding his time. The Tom Wambsgans of WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,732 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Big news

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hope it's nothing serious medically for any of them

As the heel brat princess McMahon she did it well and sold moves better than some males, the RKO stands out to me

Who now runs WWE now so, just Vince and his rat pack?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Has to be getting slowly primed for a sell. Steph stepping away absolutely makes sense in that case because she won't have to deal with the media ****. It will be all on Khan.

Paul E will outlast Vince and end up in full control and have the last laugh.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Triple H is reportedly back full time now though.. pretty odd

Fightful now reporting most of the staff that worled diretcly under Step were sacked in the last round of office sackings.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Not if the rumours about her not wearing her wedding ring are true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I doubt there's too much legs to the divorce talk but I can't even imagine how Steph and Hunter splitting would play out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Depends on if there's a prenup. Can't imagine it'd bode well for Trips' professional future anyway.

Wade Keller

“I have been told not to expect the reasons that Stephanie is stepping away, to come out. But the implication is, there are reasons. So this isn’t going to be a public scandal. But it’s something. That’s about as much as I think I can say right now, based on the indications I’ve gotten from talking to people who know or know Stephanie and Hunter or know people who know them. And yeah, [they] are giving me indications of things.”

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

"The implication is, there are reasons."

That's some hard-hitting investigative journalism there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

"They are giving me indications of things" is also up there with Woodward and Bernstein. Report the basic details or don't report anything. Whatever your choice is.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,874 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I think this plays in to wwe eventually getting sold. As in, we are heading in to that direction with this.

Shane is out of wwe. Now Steph. It also doesn't appear that Triple H will get the keys one day. As soon as Vince dies or becomes frail, the wwe will no longer be a McMahon led company.

I said before that I expected Disney to buy WWE but it does look like it will be NBC at some point.

That seems like a fairly solid shout.

I would have been all for Stephanie/HHH running the shop. Her business wise and Hunter over creative.

Was always impressed with Hunters approach. Gave me Dusty Rhodes vibes.

Post edited by ShagNastii on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭cena

If wwe was sold, could ye see it going back to the old wwf days

If WWE was put on the market you could almost guaranteed it would be bought by a million bazillionaire. And inevitably turned into their play thing.

I'd offer short odds on the Saudis going all in. There's not a sport in the world that's not lining up to sell its soul. Vince isn't even dead and baby steps have already been made.

• Advertisement

Sadly not I think.

To me the good old days is attitude era. Sure, it is not without its faults but the product was great and wrestling itself was white hot because it was brilliant to watch. But we can hope. Maybe one day.

I'd be surprised if the Saudis don't get involved in wrestling as some point. Maybe an offer for WWE or starting their own thing.

That wwe deal won't last forever as it stands. WWE will want more money for the next deal or the Saudis will start their own promotion or something along those lines.

Advertisement