Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yaris (2006) tyre size and pressure?

• 20-05-2022 11:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭

Just acquired 2006 Yaris auto, the 1L one (998cc or something).

Went to check tyre pressures, and the ones that are on it don't appear to be listed in the manual or the web that I can find.

It has 195/55 R14 on it.

a) Are these the wrong tyres? Does it matter that much?

b) Pressured them all to 32psi as a general rough likelihood.

Ta!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,161 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Tyre pressures should be in the handbook. Or there'll be a sticker on the door pillar or on the glovebox.

Oponeo.ie will give you all the possible tyre sizes if you put the car details into their finder.

This is water. Inspiring speech by David Foster Wallace https://youtu.be/DCbGM4mqEVw?si=GS5uDvegp6Er1EOG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭kirving

Are the wheels original Toyota ones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

I'm assuming 175/64 R14 is the proper size, they're a bit different.

But I'd just live with it. Just note your speed is slightly off. It's not a huge difference though, I wouldn't worry about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,244 ✭✭✭User1998

Won’t make much of a difference. Anything from 30 to 36 is fine. If you are regularly carrying 5 passengers I would go with the higher amount

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

This is a Vitz and not a Yaris then?

unless it’s the very last of the 99-05 shape it should have 15 inch wheels unless it’s a JDM Vitz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,244 ✭✭✭User1998

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Thanks, all.

Yeah, it's got the wrong size tyres on it according to the sticker in the glovebox. Couldn't work out which model it is from the list in the handbook.

They're newish, so I'll go back to the 'right' ones next change...

Advertisement