Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haircut prices

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,882 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sofasurfer90

True, prices have gotten pretty steep in that area. But my cousin is a hairdresser and she tells me how bad the situation has been (and still is for many) in terms of income. If the service is good, I’m happy to pay a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭NiceFella

25 quid for under 20 mins work is a bit much. Although I might that pay that rate for the independent smaller barbers provided they do a good job. Covid has been a killer for many of them.

15 quid seems more reasonable to me which is what I got charged on Kevin street yesterday. He did a very good job too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭mikeybhoy

€15 is a good price and what it should be imo and would be a fair price compared to ten years ago taking inflation into account.

You'd think barbers would reduce their prices if they're struggling for business in order to try and get punters in the door like they did during the recession. Although my local always seems to busy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Lol wtf? What do you think they're secretly harvesting your locks and selling them on kink websites or something?! It's a poxy haircut.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭dil87

What? Point being, and it's the same with anything, not just haricuts, anything cheaper than the going rate is usually cheaper for a reason...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

My local place in D15 who I had been going to for a number of years was always €10 even at the weekend. When I went a few weeks ago he had the price jacked up to €18 which I told him was too much of an increase and that I'd have to go elsewhere. He went from one of the cheapest in the area to one of the more expensive with no other changes. It's only if people don't pay the new prices that they'll have to lower them again so don't fuel the inflationary fire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,413 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There were bans on promotional/bundled sale in 2020 that stopped it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

For something that takes personal time from a worker, and can't be scaled up, €15 is still a very good price. That's what my barbers charge. Other areas of service charge like €50-60 per hour. This is someone's professional time you are paying for, as well as the overheads of running a business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,260 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I always felt €10 was a ridiculous price for a haircut, no wonder its such a badly paid trade. I pay €30 in the small turkish barber near me, I get an excellent cut,beard trim and wash. Fantastic value, that's once every 6-8 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭NewClareman

My local barber is still €10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,672 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

18 in Claregalway.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

I use two, both are 18 quid each but always round up to a 20.

When the lockdown ended and they finally opened a Barber I gave 25 for the 18 euro haircut, I was just happy to have a cut rather than be sheared like a sheep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

I got quoted €26 for a dry hair cut, the lowest price going, the price has def gone up, being a woman is expensive

Advertisement