Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chilli thread 2022 🌶

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭2011abc

Yes that’s what I meant ,will get started soon

so

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭spose

Have a couple of plants forgotten in the corner of the polytunnel since last season. Just wondering is there likely any point in trying to salvage now. Should I cut back and bring inside or just chuck them in the compost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Stephen_Maturin

Depends, how do they look?

Would've thought any chilli plants would be long dead after winter and the current weather

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Stephen_Maturin

On another note I’ve begun my germination process for Chilli season 2023 🌶!

Possibly too early but I was very conscious that I felt I’d far too short of a season last year so decided I’d try maximise the growing period as much as possible.

Have a heated propagator I got for 9 quid from Aldi - absolutely essential as my apartment has been pretty cold with the weather lately. These seeds went in on Saturday…already seeing some of the early seedlings peeking out, how exciting!🌱

Sown in the cells (2 seeds per cell) are:

Biquinho x 6

Padron x 5

Serrano x 1

Lemon drop x 2

Jalapeno x 2

Anaheim x 1

Yellow Scotch bonnet x 2

Chocolate habanero x 2

Demon red (saved from last year) x 2

Chiltepin x 1

Then I also have a heat mat that I’ll try with the moist kitchen paper in a ziplock bag method. Will sow in that:

Cayenetta x 3

Habanada x 2

Tabasco x 2

Long pointed sweet peppers x 6

So yeah I’ve gone a bit chilli mad since last year 😝 Thank god the missus got me a polytunnel for Christmas, have plenty more apart from the chillies to be getting on with come spring too!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I'm overwintering one of last year's chilli plants as an experiment, seems to be doing ok so far.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement

Advertisement