Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Burrin, Carlow

Options
  • 21-05-2022 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Any opinions on Old Burrin estate in Carlow Town, is it a quiet area, many student houses there?

Also is it in a flood area ?, i seem to recall there was bad flooding around that area back about 10 or so years ago, has that been rectified with flood planning?

There are a few house there for sale for a while now that would suit us due to close location to town center, college etc..

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 CraftBeer

Like anywhere in Ireland, if the price seems reasonable it's probably not a great area. I've read of flooding in recent years at that Gala shop, and there's a new skatepark nearby... i.e. litter and teens hanging around. It's quite close to the cultural enrichment from the New Oak, John Sweeney Burrin Manor estates.

If your budget can stretch further, i'd look elsewhere.

Pick up the local newspaper and see where most of the defendants live. That'll give you an idea of what areas of the town to avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Notmything

Take a drive around the area, that'll give you an idea of the kind of people who live there.

Advertisement