Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account type

Options
  • 21-05-2022 5:04pm
    Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2

I am trying to set up a personal account with Bank of Ireland. I want a normal personal account but when trying to set it up there was a question that said if I was "A full-time student in 2nd level, 3rd level or in a post-graduate course, or have you graduated within the last 3 years?" and I clicked yes as I graduated 2 years ago. It then said I needed to choose between a 2nd level account, 3rd level account or graduate account. But I just want a normal account. Do I HAVE to have one of those accounts? Can I just click no to the question and have a normal personal account as that's all I want. Would appreciate the help thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch.

If you have graduated within the past 3 years you are eligible for a graduate account. This means you will not be charged the monthly fee when you have a graduate account. Other than that, the account works the same as a normal personal current account.

If you would prefer to have a personal current account, please select no to the question.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, Megan

Advertisement