Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build and 4G router

• 22-05-2022 11:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Hope this is the correct forum but we have moved into a new build recently but cannot get broadband in the area as we haven't been assigned an Eircode yet...

4G is decent outside the property but poor inside given the level of insulation etc. I was considering getting some sort of outside router and feeding it through but not sure if this would work.

Out of my depth with all of this stuff so looking for opinions/advice. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,594 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

4g router such as the Huawei B818 with external aerial. SIM required

This is the setup my brother installed recently - https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/119055537/#Comment_119055537

Alternatively go for a mobile repeater connected to an external aerial. No SIM required as it just brings the signal from outside to inside. The downside is the more mobile bands you want to receive the more expensive the repeater is.

Stelladoradus, Irish mobile repeater manufacturer, based in Waterford.

Another option is a fixed 4g/5g wireless subscription from one of the three mobile network operators or 4g from Imagine.

Advertisement