Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video editor to preserve portrait orientation

Options
  • 22-05-2022 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭

I need to edit a couple of videos shot in my phone in portrait mode, a bit of cutting and splicing - and adding some still photos to the video.

I've tried it in Windows Movie Maker and Windows 10 video editor, but the resulting output videos are in landscape mode, with vertical letterbox effect.

Is there any Windows editor out there that will preserve the portrait mode in the output, ideally a free app that doesn't have a very steep learning curve for tis one off exercise.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Just in case anyone else is looking for the answer to this, I found Easeus video editor did the biz for me.

Portrait mode was one of a number of options, and it let me put images over video without losing the soundtrack, which was great. It's not cheap at €17 per month, but the free version did me for this once off edit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,457 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

DaVinci Resolve has more bells and whistles than most casual editors need - but it's a terrific piece of software and it's free, and it can output in any orientation or resolution up to 2k before you have to pay for the pro version.

Advertisement