Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 38 match day thread. The Final Hurdle.

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

29% captaincy points would seem really good. I think I did okay on captaincy points but it was probably easier when Salah was perma captain for a large part of the season until he lost form and then Son banged a few mega hauls which I was on too. The elite level players all seemed to get on the recent KdB hat trick but I missed the boat on that one. Was on the Dennis -2 too but I think most of us were so it didnt hit rank too much. Still have to laugh at that one, an in form Dennis in a double GW versus two easier opponents and he goes and gets sent off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,009 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Finished up the season at 25k which I'm pretty happy with overall, but with a tinge of regret as I was 13k a few weeks ago.

Won a few MLs too which is great! I won the Boards qualifying league too, so promotion has to be celebrated!

Great conversation and advice throughout the season here. Same again next year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

13k was my highest rank all season as well, I spent most of January at that rank and was 8-10 points off the top 10k for several weeks but never made it into it. Had a terrible April and was bounced out to 45k at one point before bringing it back down to 22k when chips got used. Was happy with that but jesus it is hard to get in the top 10k and stay there. Fair play to the lads on here that did it but Ive learnt to do it you really need to be making 80%+ of the 50-50 calls correctly, its that hard up at that level.

Not sure if I'll be playing yet next season, already there are a couple of people in money leagues saying they are not. Doesnt help that the gap between the top and bottom of the leagues was over 200 points so they lost interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Ended up on 103k. Disappointed because I blew it the last 2 weeks. Looking forward to the next campaign all the same. Wondering how the World Cup will affect things...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

It all peaked in GW 5 when I was at 3k. Then the wheels fell off and ultimately found myself disinterested over winter where I hit 700k by GW30. Clawed my way back up to 231k and enjoyed the last few weeks, when it felt like I was doing a lot more right than wrong. If only I'd embraced James Maddison 4 weeks ago it could look a lot more spectacular.

I've got a habit of falling back in love with the game at this time of year, so looking forward to another false dawn next year!

I hope the FSA finds it's foothold again too. I've been more guilty than most for not posting, but I've still been reading. Hopefully we'll get a few more of the gang back after a break. This place is honestly great though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Finished the season at 73k. My highest ranking was 44k after two GWs but then I went right down to 430k before making a late run to get back into the top 100k. Managed to pick up €110 in prize money so will be back next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I hope this forums survives. I don’t go to Twitter or any other sites for FPL.

The biggest swing for me was right after the TC Salah which got me up the ranks but I wanted to keep that momentum up as others froze on their chips. I went a big hit for Chelsea on their DGW & BB’d and followed that up with a wildcard straight away & jumped again over the weeks while everyone held their chips. Literally went from 60k OR to 3k OR in 2/3 weeks

I survived the No Son or KdB for the remainder of the season (I don’t know how) agsinst my gut and held on for 3k OR

I haven’t entered a Boards league in a while I keep missing them but I think you need to qualify or something!

See you all in a few months!

Advertisement