Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't Register Phone after App Reinstall

Options
  • 22-05-2022 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭

Hi guys.

I've had to reinstall the banking app but it's asking me to register the phone again (this is the phone that I have had registered for over a year). I go through all the steps and it says it's sending me a text with a code, but the text never arrives. Multiple attempts at this, all with the same result.

If I try to login in a laptop it says it's sending a notification to my phone, but it never arrives.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Ronan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi Ronan,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I am sorry to hear this. I would recommend contacting our customer service team on 0818365365 or 0035314044000. One of my colleagues will be happy to help.

Thanks, Megan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Ronan H

No good I'm afraid. The system is directing me to a four step automated process that requires me to verify a code in a text sent to my phone, however the text isn't arriving on my phone so I can't go through the process. It times out. I've tried two different BOI numbers, both funnel me to the same system, neither works.

It seems I need to chat to a human.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Thanks for getting back to us here Ronan.

In this instance, it would be best to contact our Support Team on 0818 200 362. One of my colleagues will be more than happy to help.

Thanks, Aisling

And so it continues. Just closing the loop.

- Went through the process on the phone with the guy.

- His system said the text was delivered to my phone.

- My phone says otherwise. Correct number verified etc.

- He can't give me the code over the phone, even though he has verified my identity and I've given three random digits from my pin. He can only give it to a BOI staff member.

- I now have to go into a branch and go through the same process, hand then he can then give the branch person the code, once I have shown my ID etc.

I'm not sure there's a suitable emoji for this.

It typical Irish fashion we've completely fucked the implementation of basic security measures. Since the start of the year paying for stuff online has become a complete and utter pain in the arse.

• Advertisement

Further update.

Turns out texts from BOI were blocked on my phone. I recall a while back I was getting loads of suspicious phishing texts which I blocked. I suspect I may have blocked one from BOI, hence the activations texts were not getting through.

For the BOI team, might be no harm passing this resolution on to the tech support people. It wasn't mentioned as a possible cause when I was on the phone with the guy. No harm to have it in the arsenal of problem solving tools.

👍🏼

I'm with you on that. Redirects to secure logins, codes by text etc. Seriously, just take my money.

The BOI app since it's redesign seems to have more steps now than ever when you only have 4.76 in your daily account and you need to transfer a fiver from your bills account to pay for the 5 euro chicken fillet roll in the deli.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Thanks Ronan for the feedback, will certainly pass it on to the Team.

Appreciate the update. Hoping it's resolved now for you.

Many thanks

Alison

Advertisement