Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modem to router query

Options
  • 22-05-2022 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have a Huawei 5G CPE Pro 2 currently serving as modem & router but i was to have it act as a modem only and connect it to my tp link to use as the router.

Can anyone provide assistance as to what settings i need to change to make this happen? Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

What you want is called bridge mode. And whether it's an option or not on that router is apparently unpredictable, a quick google shows that it comes and goes with different firmware versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

I nearly certain 5G CPE Pro 2 has "bridge mode", however, it might be hidden by ISP firmware.

B818 (4G only) with generic Huawei FW defo has it and GUI seam quite the same...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Based on a TON of hidden items on B818(capable of 4G only), 5G CPE Pro 2 FW is just about same

if determined, with CSS help could get them exposed/readable and controllable

Path to bridge mode should be about there....

Control of "bridge mode" should be here...

As you can see below, i have added line display: none; and my control button is gone. yours likely be this way by FW default and you would need to disable it to be able to turn it ON.

Be aware this will only work up until page refresh, so configure ALL settings you need, then toggle bridge mode(other settings). Worse-come - router reset will restore all back.

This one was hidden on mine, disabled now - no more data ciphering from me 😏, "User experience... " my ARS...

Advertisement