Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Trainee - Waiting Time

Options
  • 22-05-2022 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Has anyone else been waiting to be called for the Gardai for over 2 years?

I passed the tests in the 2018 recruitment campaign but still to this day I haven't heard anything. I've rang and emailed a few times over the past year, but I never get a clear answer with any definite start date. I know Covid and lockdowns slowed things down a lot, but beyond that, I get a little worried sometimes upon seeing new intakes starting in Templemore, wondering why I haven't been invited to begin.

Is anyone else in the same situation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 NorthWestJ

If you havnt been invited to a intake it’s your vetting holding you up , don’t be emailing , ring them everyday

• Registered Users Posts: 13 RL1

Cheers for the reply NorthWest. Been ringing them every week for the past two years and still nothing's happened. Even my local gardai recommended doing the same thing though I feel it's not getting me anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jahcork

did you get called ?

Hey Jahcork, very sorry for the late reply.

No, still didn't get called, very disappointed and upset with them. There's an intake starting next week on the 20th and I still haven't gotten an invite.

They just don't seem to care, like I've now waited over 3 years for an invite. They're screaming for people to join the gardai but yet they won't give people like me who have passed all the tests TWICE an invite?

I am on a similar boat, I passed all my interviews and tests in early 2022 for another role with the AGS, got contacted that I was successful, sent over all docs, and have not heard back from anyone yet except the 'still going through clearance' and I also have no criminal record, background or anything, and I would argue exceptional work experience and academic background so there is really no flies on me but for whatever reason, it's been no comms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭LilacNails

I know of a lady who in her applied early 30s. In my opinion would be a great guard with her background , interests, personality and fitness.

Shes now turned 40 and never got a call. Shes convinced, because shes female in her thirties, they overlook her because she could call maternity leave if she were to ever have kids...and I dont think shes far wrong.

That does not really make any sense, both from a logistic or a security standpoint. They told her she was accepted 10 years ago and is still in the review process lol? Did she not contact them?

If that's true, it's incredibly unfair on that lady. It's honestly what I fear'll happen to me; Turn 40 and not get a call.

I said it in a previous post, there does seem to be a lot of cherry picking which badly needs to be addressed.

Advertisement