Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Data Protection Commission - Usefulness?

Options
  • 23-05-2022 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I made a company to the data protection commission over 6 months ago that a data controller was not providing me my personal data after having submitted a valid subject access request.

The DPC case officer just told me they are in correspondence with the data controller but won't give me any more info and I'm out of time and need this data in the next week so might have to pay hundreds of euro for it.

Are the DPC of any use in actually getting data from a controller?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,807 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

There are timeliness which the dpc have to legally give to the controller to respond

Check with them for an update.

As for a manager to contact you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Have you made an official complaint to DPC

• Registered Users Posts: 22 OptiPlus

I made an official complaint to the DPC over 6 months ago.

I followed up on it a few times and was told they were in correspondence with the data controller but nothing more specific than that.

I need a report by next week that this data controller has and could just attach to an email.

I said it to the contact in the data protection commission this morning about the deadline I have and they sent an email today requesting the data controller send me the data by Thursday.

Hopefully that will work however if it doesn't I'm in a very tough spot as this data controller doesn't seem to care whatsoever about the data protection commission as this has been ongoing for over 6 months.

It doesn't seem like the data protection commission is doing anything other than sending an email to them every few weeks if even that.

If I don't have this report by Friday then what happens? What other tools are available to the data protection commission, that they will likely use, to get the controller to email me the report?

Advertisement