Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone moving users from Red Protect to Secure Net.

Options
  • 23-05-2022 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hi Folks

I assume some Vodafone Broadband users are in the same boat but they have retired their Anti-Virus add-in Red Protect and moved everyone to something called Secure Net. The main issue for me is there doesn't seem to be any way of confirming that it is working. If you log into Secure Net you just get some generic statement that it is active. But with Red Protect, you would get a green frame appear around the screen when ever you logged into your bank account, for example. Also it was visible in the system tray where you could see a log of recent events and see that it was blocking some websites. I've rung Vodafone about this but am getting the brush off. They're just saying that it is working. I've tested a website that used to be flagged by Red Connect that it was dangerous and you had to click to proceed. Now it just lets you straight into the website. So it doesn't seem to be as secure. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or have you managed to find some dashboard that gives you more options?

Thanks

Advertisement