Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MRI scan

• 23-05-2022 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

Hi. I'm due for an MRI scan soon . I hope to be getting IV sedation as the last MRI nearly killed me....it's an MRI of my thumb ..I have trigger thumb. Consultant said it was a classic case of trigger thumb. So I can't understand why there's an MRI needed ...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭newirishman

MRI seems to be not unusual to confirm a trigger thumb diagnosis.

Would assume you can tell the consultant that you don't want to do an MRI if that's too stressful for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭fantastic98

Thanks for reply. I'll ask for IV sedation or some form of sedation but it may not be too bad as my head won't be in tunnel. Last time in MRI machine I was having a head scan which entailed the placing of a plastic cover over my face. I freaked out when they started the MRI. Also I had no sedation for that one

Advertisement