Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6Net Ireland ?

Options
  • 23-05-2022 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭

Popped up on my FB feed and they offer solutions for everyone xD. Offered me (non-fibre, allegedly 5G) 200-400 mbps for 66 Euro with no cap (unlimited) with amn install fee of 150 Euro. Anybody heard of that crowd? Couldn't find much about them and they said they switch me over to fibre when NBI has connected me. Currently with Imagine (while just about OK the caps are painful and limiting).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

I see they are on the NBI resellers list, so they have passed through their in-house approval process.

Otherwise they appear to be just a regular ISP reselling 4g/5g and Konnect satellite broadband. Based in Thurles going by the phone number.

Registered as 671308 TECH-ZONE REPAIR-IT LIMITED in the cro since May 2020.

Appears to be connected to a Channel Islands consumer electronics repair company, same managing director

https://ie.linkedin.com/in/chris-shanahan-713479227?challengeId=AQGUiBdQOEco6QAAAYDy_NccLUtJBNwwaRB6m9KTT8FkHTp5138Ft2WotR_BxarAli2AyeoYE-zya6jV5R-HAnU6Wg-ejff8lw&submissionId=35a62d47-b2db-f116-d13c-b6e02a355227

Post edited by The Cush on

• Registered Users Posts: 4 f4n3

They are running a scam.

On July 20th I paid for an box which was supposed to be sent out the same day. The box was 500 Euro. I was assured it was being sent that day. The next day (July 21st) I followed up and I was told "one of our colleagues has popped it in the post and you should have received it, but if not give it until the end of the day and txt me". It never showed up.

I messaged them again asking for a tracking number. I was told they will check and get back to me. Never happened.

July 25th I message them again and I get a reply 'I will track this and get back to you'. Never happened.

July 26th I messaged again and the reply was 'my wife posted it but there's no tracking but if it's not there by tomorrow I will send a new box out'.

July 27th I messaged again and the reply was 'I'll get a new one sent today'.

July 28th messaged again. No reply.

July 29th messaged again. No reply.

July 30th, no reply.

On August 3rd I messaged them again as the box arrived. It was second hand, used, no manual, in a random box. It was not what they advertised. It was not what I paid for. I messaged them to say I wasn't happy and I'm sending the box back. The next day I sent the box back to them. The box arrived and they signed for it. They were supposed to refund me.

The refund is being processed.

The refund was done.

The accountant is on holiday. How can this be the case if they told me the refund was done?

August 25th I sent in a claim with the small claims court.

Beware of mr Chris Shanahan, he is running a scam. Selling 6Net internet but what you get is a Huawei box with a Vodafone sim card. Both of these can be purchased online for a lot less than what they are charging.

Update to the above:

After I sent all the documents to the small claims court and they approved my claim, 6Net have refunded my money. August 31st I got my money back.

My original post above was also posted as a review on their Google page. They never replied to it BUT they took down their Google page. You can't read their reviews anymore... What a way to run a 'business'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Orebro

How the hell are they on the NBI reseller list?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Paddy McGinty

I’m just sampling their so-called service which is about to make a right balls-up of our Xmas - connectivity wise…

Website makes lots of tech claims which seem to be well outside their remit.

I initially asked some questions via email and was getting all the right answers. I’d been out of Ireland past 4 months and didn’t want a 12 month tie in so as these only had a 6 month tie in agreed to start a service with them from 14th Dec. I already had all the gear installed from previous service provider (Westnet) so it was - or should have been - a case of simply reactivating the line from their end.

Instead they sent out a couple of network guys who seem to handle most of the hardware installs local to me (on behalf of any of the various providers).

One changed the small wall-mounted ONT box (to which the router is connected). The other went up the pole outside to replace some kind of (clamp?). Within 15 mins, their work was apparently all done and they drove off. That was 14th Dec and now as I type this NINE DAYS LATER I’ve still had no service!

Today is the point after which there will be no return. I will update later…

• Advertisement

Fun fact about this scammer. When I originally posted the comment here, I also added it to their Google profile. They then took down the whole Google profile.

Some time after a new Google profile popped up with all their reviews 5*. The funny part is that more than half the reviews are from "customers" with the same second name as the owner. The owner himself gave 2 reviews with 2 different accounts. (Yes Chris comes up twice...), then used a 3rd account from his phone fixing business. I can't imagine any of the rest being legit. Attached profile reviews. Since they are all public, shouldn't be an issue posting here.

I reviewed it again, let's see if he takes down the profile.

To this day he never got in contact to apologise for the bs.

Advertisement