Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock machine

• 23-05-2022 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭

Hi never posted on this forum before, I'm looking to get a bike for my 8yo. we went to a local shop and the only brand they had was 'Rock Machine' 20" priced at around 350. I'm not in the cycling world so I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this brand, or even better, some recommendations for other options at that price or cheaper. This will be his first "big boy bike". Live in county Laois. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭kirving

I don't mean to upsell on components here - nothing wrong with Rock Machine as a brand, but.... you'll be glad in the long run if you buy something like below.

You're not getting a whole lot more for your money truth be told, but when it comes time to replace a part, the likes of Cube are that bit more established here IMO, and it will probably be easier to find parts and people who know the brand, or to buy parts online from.

Always-on lights on this model are a bonus too!

https://www.bike-discount.de/en/cube-acid-200-allroad-black-n-mint

Advertisement