Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Same shaft in wedges and irons?

Options
  • 24-05-2022 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭

Not sure if asked here before. Just wondering how many use same shaft in wedges as irons?

I'm looking for new wedges at moment and wondering should I use same type.

My iron shafts are lightweight and most wedges seem to come with heavy shafts. So wondering what others have found to work best for them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭bmay529

I use Recoil 95 stiff graphite shafts in both my irons and wedges. Irons are Mizuno JPX 900 forged and Mizuno S5 wedges. I have just got special order set of 3 Vokey wedges with same Recoil 95 F4 shafts but found them very head heavy... OK for full shots but real problems with touch shots. I had them rebuilt to lighten the head and overall weight and while much improved to me they are not yet where I would like them. I have learnt that Vokey heads are quite heavy, which may be a good thing for wedge accuracy, but may be a problem with a light shaft. It seems Mizuno have lighter heads for graphite shafts and have heard same may apply with Cleveland, though I have yet to prove that. My preference is to have same shaft in irons and wedges as long as the weight/balance is good on the wedges. Someone suggested I look at lightweight Nippon steel shafts but have yet to do that.

Advertisement