Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best option for iPhone replacement - budget an issue

Options
  • 24-05-2022 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭

Hi, I need to replace my phone. It's a very old iPhone - maybe iPhone 5 or SE, not sure. But some of my apps no longer support the operating system and I can't update it. I'm with Three on a 'pay as you go' basis. I would like to keep my number and have good wifi with camera. Don't travel too much but would like the phone to work when I do. I'm not sure if I should go with a recycled iPhone or an android. My budget is less than Euro 300. I was looking at the iPhone SE, iPhone X, iPhone SX or the Samsung Galaxy 8 and tbh I didn't really 'get' the significant differences. Would really appreciate a steer. Thanks so much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,243 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

If you want the cheapest iPhone the SE is the one to get. As it's the newest it will get updates the longest. Like all smaller iPhones the battery life isn't amazing but it will light years better than what you have.

Personally I think iPhones are poor value for money. But that's only an issue of money. If money is no object they are good phones.

I'd be reluctant to suggest an Android phone to someone who has lived with an iphone that long. But Android is better value for money.

It's all about budget at the end of the day.

Advertisement