Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer transfer thread 2022

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭POKERKING

No i meant Romeo and yes i have seen him play in the flesh(imagine that eh?) so i have heard of him. Point stands its another good deal for City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,722 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

In the flesh? Hopefully he was at least wearing shorts? 😉

Tis indeed a decent sale price for a lad most of us never heard of though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Richarlison to Spurs looks like it's done.

Impressed with how they're backing Conte. Under normal circumstances, they're close to title challengers, but City and Liverpool aren't normal.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeah, seems to have been done last night. Good buy, as he can play across the front 3 and gives us much needed depth there.

I've never been fully convinced by Richarlison. It's a big step up for him going to Spurs, so it'll be interesting how he does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Not a big fan of Richarlison but if there’s any manager that I think can take him up another level I think Conte is the man.

Question is how many games will he be starting with Kane , Son and Kulusevski already settled in the side.

Impressive business by Spurs nonetheless with Bissouma and Perisic already signed. Theyre squad suddenly beginning to look very very good. Could be the dark horse next season under Conte

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,210 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

~£50m rising to £60m is a lot of money to pay for a forward who averages around 9 non penalty goals in the league over the last 5 seasons IMO. You'd be expecting more bang for your buck there.

It's what you'd expect to pay for a proven Premier League forward these days. Plus he's been in a very poor Everton team, and with better support, could do very well.

He's a bit improvement on Moura and Bergwijn (who may have been great with more game time), so i'm fairly happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

A player that I feel must be a complete blinddspot for me because I can't tell you anything he's done to warrant that kind of money. Even Raphina, who with the eye test looks a much better bet to succeed at a big club, seems costly at €50 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,066 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

No player has scored more goals for Brazil since 2018 than richarlison so easily worth 60m. Chris wood went for 30m.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭jacool

Richarlison done and dusted. £50m plus add-ons.

Everton soon to be in Leeds territory having to get in replacements.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

If Chelsea sign both Raphina and Sterling, do they keep playing with WBs ? Does Mount fit into such a formation ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭ArtyM

Lots of transfers being completed, or close to completing, yet one Team stands out as not being linked to any new players - Everton.

Given that they just about scraped through last year you would have thought that they would be scrambling to get some players in to help them avoid a repeat relegation battle.

Are they out of money or are they just banking on the promoted teams being worse then they are?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Under serious financial fair play pressure, need to sell before they can buy. They've agreed to sign Tarkowski on a free which is a great signing for them in fairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,773 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Tarkowski would've been a good signing for most clubs. If I were a defender, lampard is not who I'd sign for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,727 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Everton are in a lot of trouble - can't buy cause of FFP - selling out best player to balance book - our only hope is the club gets sold and we start planning properly (even with no money) instead of basket case signing strategy like Alli and Winks - if things stay as they are , minus Richarlisson , we will be battlingbig time to stay above relegation.

Saw this online but that doesn't make sense, does it?

This was also there but makes a lot more sense and I'd say Spurs fans would be a lot more confident going into the season with a side like this lead by Conte.

Haven't seen more than 1 game of Gvardiol but he is hugely rated and I'd assume Kulasevski would still get loads of game time.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

Is richarlson premier league proven? I’m not sure, maybe he is. He is a fighter I’ll give him that. Don’t know if he can rumble son Kane and kula. They are a high quality 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,722 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

A fighter? Or a petulant whinger?

I'm not sure he's all that, I wouldn't want him in my team as I utterly dislike players throwing continuous tantrums when things don't go their way like he does. I'm sure he'll fit right in at Spurs though.

• Advertisement

He's scored 48 goals...surely that's enough to be PL proven?

decent signing for spurs, he will get plenty of games across the season and that’s a very competitive attack across the league.

The price tag in some ways is irrelevant, transfers are all crazy. Everton’s most important player and a starter for Brazil, he was always going to cost big bucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Fattybojangles

The reaction of Everton's fans to him leaving tells its own story most are gutted to see him leave many fans of other teams dislike him cos of his diving etc (Kane will have some competition on that score next season) but he is a quality player who IMO kept Everton( along with Gordon) in the PL last season.

Is Darwin Nunez not a bigger risk @85m with just two international goals in 4 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

I pay very little attention to international goals, they have little bearing on club achievements in my opinion. I do appreciate your point though, the only hting that is a plus with Nunez is also a negative... Richarlson has hit his ceiling or thereabouts, Nunez has the potential to go much further. In the same breath, Nunez might be wooden, a one season wonder. Its unlikely with Liverpools recent track record though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,342 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Wouldn't use international stats as any kind of barometer really.

Trent can't be any good because he can't get his game with England while Fred plays for Barzil - for example.

I've seen enough of Nunez to believe he could be a major star for Liverpool.

I've seen enough of Richarlson to believe that Everton did very well indeed to get that price for him.

In 173 games. That's 1 goal every 3.6 games, including penalties.

The modern game, the better forwards score goals more consistently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,241 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

He played for two goal shy PL sides and wasn't even the primary striker for either team. Yet he was Evertons Top Scorer/Joint Top Scorer in 3 of his 4 years there - joint with Sigurdsson 1st year (13 g), joint with DCL the second year (13 g), behind DCL two years ago (16 vs 7 g) and outright top scorer this year (10 vs DCL's 5).

He really couldn't have done much more than he has given the state of the teams hes been at and the fact he isn't a striker and was an awkward replacement when put there in place of DCL to lead the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'd he better than Son, Kane or Kulusevski? I don't think he is and would say he's a similar level to Bergwin but can play in more positions and is a bit stronger on the ball.

£60m is very expensive for him (I thought it was £50m but others are saying £60m) but I'd imagine Everton and Spurs are both happy enough with the fee.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I don't think Richarlison's goal return is what he should be overly focussed on.

On a basic level Richarlison has top scored or joint top scored in 3 of his 4 seasons for Everton. He scored 48 goals of the clubs 188 goals in that time.

If he continues with those type of returns (10+ per season and close to 1 in 4 of the clubs goals) he will be doing exactly what is needed considering the goals Kane and Son will get. He is an obvious significant upgrade on Berwijn and Moura. Last season after Kane and Son the next highest scorer had 5 goals (Kulusevski) so I would see Richarlison as someone who will get lots of good chances to score.

In considering his wider game, if Spurs were after a Kane replacement then Richarlison would not be it, but as a player to add to the forward line he seems ideal.

In terms of a Conte team, he is quick, powerful,mobile and skilled. Scores a fair amount of goals, works hard. Also showed great committment when seeking to go to the olympics (to his country) and by returning to play for Everton without a break. His link up with a fit DCL is also a good sign for linking with Kane. He looks like a player Conte will love having.

He isn't but given they haven't had much depth the last few years hes a very good signing. Hes years younger than Moura and much better than both Moura and Bergwijn. They've also never replaced Llorente through the years as a back up to Kane so he also ticks that box.

That's a pretty poor way to judge a player who has played for a bottom half team for all those seasons.

Your be better off looking at how he performed against xg or the percentage of goals he scored for the team. Has any forward playing for a a lower half team racked up loads of goals season after season I'd say it's rare at best.

It's hard to fully judge him fully as he was with a terrible Everton team?

One goal every three games might be good enough for a team challenging for little or nothing. He'll need to up his game at a bigger club potentially fighting for honours next season.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,273 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

One goal every three games is excellent for the teams he played for and the amount of chances that would have been created for him. As was said above his xG would be a much better stat to look at. You can guarantee that he'll score more goals for Spurs as they'll create way more chances for him.

Saying all that, £60m seems a bit overpriced. I'm surprised Levy of all people sanctioned it.

Is Richarlisons goal record not similar to firmino who has played every game as a number 9? Richarlison has played left wing for much of his time at Everton. I see less moaning about the raphina price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

The efforts of Liverpool fans to shyte all over Richarlison are hilarious tbh. He's over priced but PL to PL transfers generally are. The reality is he has done consistently well in a very poor Everton team and scored 1 in 3 last year which is a respectable return considering where he was playing and that hes not an out and out striker. The likes of Bowen and Foden are consistently fawned over and their numbers are more or less exactly the same. Peresic, Bissouma and now Richi are three really good acquisitions for Spurs and make them a dangerous outfit. Would be great to see another team slug it out with City and LFC in the title race.

Diogo Jota and Roberto Firmino have the exact same 1 in 3 record. Dunno why Liverpool fans have been talking up such average players the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Fattybojangles

Salah signs new contract

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,342 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Salah stays at Anfield - that's one transfer that was possible for weeks. Great to kepp him, with all the other ' average' players.

• Advertisement

Fair play to Salah, held his nerve and knew his worth to the team. £400k per week is some wedge. It does now present potential massive headaches for Liverpool in future contract negotiations. The likes of TAA, VVD, Robertson and Fabinho are at the top of the pile in their respective positions and are critical to how Klopps team plays. Quite possible that when they see Salah getting that kind of coin that they will want to be near the top of the pay grade for their positions too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Salahs salary seems fair enough to me. Similar to what the likes of De Bruyne is on. Salah's delivered consistent so deserves a top wage. Not sure the deal will rock the boat too much at Liverpool. The best player getting the most money seems an equitable way to do things. It's not like having Pogba pissing about and getting 500k a week.

VVD and TAA are on deals to 2025, Fabinho and Robertson to 2026. All except TAA will be 32+ by the end of their deals. Sure, TAA will be due a big deal if he keeps current form. The other have likely peaked in terms of their earning potential at Liverpool. If any of them want to move, Liverpool will want a big transfer fee. Seems like Liverpool have played a blinder here tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,620 ✭✭✭eigrod

Fair game to be honest. Richarlison (and Pickford, Townsend and others) have spoken all sorts of shite about Klopp and Liverpool in the media over the last few years so of course he’s going to get it back from the fans. And add in his assault on Thiago that left him injured for months.

I see Torino have announced that Belotti isn't signing a new deal and is a free agent effective immediately, could see him ending up at Madrid.

Oh I've no issue people giving out about him at a personality level or whatever but there hasn't been much mention of that until yourself. Grand if saying he's been a bit of a prat by times and that's he's dislikeable for some of his behaviour but he is a good footballer and will be an asset to Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,420 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

The interesting aspect of the deal is that it's a two-year extension that expires just after he turns 33. So Liverpool has paid for the remainder of his peak / elite years and has not had to commit to his age 33 - 35 years. Does that set a precedent? Yes, but it's potentially a manageable one - hit an elite level and we'll reward you for your peak years. But we're not signing up to guarantee years that are likely to be bad value.

Fair play to Salah indeed, he could have played this in such a way where he was guaranteed a bag into his mid-thirties. He must really want to stay.

A great day for Liverpool.

A great day for Liverpool indeed, he has been one of / the best in the world in his position pretty much since he arrived although the second half of the season gone by was poor by his own inimitable standards.

Some interesting names might get snapped up on a free in the next few days. The likes of Isco, Romagnoli, Dybala and Mertens have now all officially left their clubs as well as the already mentioned Belotti.

Could probably add Dembele to that list too but there are still suggestions he could be staying at Barca

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,273 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

I wouldn't be so sure about Dembele. As he's now out of contract he'd be seen as a new signing by the Spanish authorities, so they can only put 1/4 of his salary back onto the wage bill. That wouldn't have been an issue if he'd renewed before today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,014 ✭✭✭✭billyhead

• Advertisement
Advertisement