Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Texas School shooting 19 children and 2 adults murdered

Options

Comments

No surprise that the kunt couldn't even be bothered to find out how to pronounce the children's names correctly. If I was a father of one of those kids I'd be exercising my 2nd amendment right very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 GardenLady

"He's a piece of sh!t" is exactly my husband's response.

In addition to reading the names, he blamed democrats for politicizing the massacre. Because one of the republican tropes that the wake of a tragedy "is not the time" to focus on gun control.

Another thing he has in common with his buddy in Russia then.

I see Abbott decided to give the NRA meeting a miss but Trump and Cruz are still going with the begging bowls.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,548 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

One would think there are massive lawsuits incoming. It looks like the police knew the gunman had already killed multiple children and this was no 'hostage' situation or someone who could be negotiated with. Failure not to go in as soon as they realised multiple people had been shot was a catastrophic mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,677 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

It's a damned if they do, damned if they don't situation.

If they go in guns blazing the result may be the same anyway and they get blamed for going in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,548 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Absolutely, and I totally get reasons behind not storming into the middle of a potential hostage situation. But it looks like they were aware (from 911 calls) that the gunman had already slaughtered a load of people and this was unlikely to be a hostage situation or a person with a list of demands. Hostage takers don't usually commence a siege by killing a large number of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭AngeloArgue

This is very hard to say. But, what is the expectation of a policeman in his line of duty?

Is he expected to charge in numbers to overwhelm the defended position? How does that go with the first man tasked with barging through that door in all probability that he will be losing his life?

It's a huge ask to order a colleague to sacrifice his life.

None of us can put ourselves in that situation, either as the person giving the order or those tasked with carrying it out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

Trump absolutely right about the US government having plenty of money to spend on foreign wars but nothing to secure schools.

Of course, he didn't do anything about it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,362 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Don't carry the trappings of a soldier of you're not willing to carry the burden. Those cops are a disgrace

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

It would help alot simply to ban the sale of automatic rifles , also increase the age of gun ownership to 21 in all states. Put more money mental health services. and increase background checks on people who buy guns.

Schools need to be more secure , doors need to be locked and put on timers , maybe with security gaurds at the main door,

It should not be possible for a gunman to simply walk into a school and go into a classroom. There's no way all guns will be banned in America but it could be made more difficult to buy them , especially for young men with a record of mental health problems there's no other country with the amount of mass shootings that America has . He was outside the school for at least 10 minutes before he went in a side door. There needs to be an investigation of what exactly happened in the 40 minutes before the police went into the school

At one time in the 70s there were 100s of bank robberys in America this changed when banks put in extra security time locks on safes etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,303 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Bump firing, not a bump stock. Same principle but the former is done without modifying the rifle.

And I completely agree that it can still unload quickly. I was making it in relation to the people who consistently refer to these are automatic weapons, assault rifles etc. They are not. That argument of just repeating what you've read on facebook without understanding it is literally anti-vax levels of ignorance. Despite coming from a good place.

I also it agree it makes little difference to the end result. The worse school shooting in the US was a guy with a glock or similar handgun. The problem is not the AR15s. It people. The same result would be achieved with black metal "military [sic] rifles, handguns, timber stocked hunting rifles is a lunatic brings one to a school.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,303 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Did you mean to reply to the other poster that said somebody used a .22 to take deer?

My point was that is inhumane, and likely illegal. I also pointed out that a .223 is not the same as a .22. It would be underpowered here, but that might vary state by state . Plus culling wouldn't be subject to hunting restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Tonesjones

Obama tweet was surely one of the worst of all time in the poor taste section.

And that "Beto" ORourke parasite taking an opportunity to political point score.

America truly is in the toilet. The culture war consumes all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

It really was, it’s possible that some of the injured might have been saved with prompt medical care.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,464 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

And thank you for participating in it. Typical GQP.

What is GQP?

Obama and Beto are gqp?

Please elaborate.

Typical FRC

• Registered Users Posts: 13,464 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

No, you are GQP, the current incarnation of the Republican party, which is now an offshoot of Q-anon. You're calling politicians names and complaining about a culture war, while participating in it. A cultist behaviour, typical of GQP. Congratulations on joining.

Are you not guilty of same there yourself?

And you got in a personal dig.

The irony. FRC

"Its ok when we do it"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Fire fighters run into fires risking their lives, that is part of the job they chose. Same should apply to police and people in the military. Risking your life is part of the job, if that something that you can't do, then maybe those jobs aren't for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,551 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Same guys that are criticising Dems for "making it political" had no problem making the baby formula shortage political last week. Hypocritical morons.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,551 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

It does appear that a lack of intelligence is a requirement for GOP-heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,323 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

i think changing gun laws is potentially the easier issue here, america is clearly experiencing social break down, and this is probably the hardest issue to resolve....

edit: shooter showing signs of autism and aspd from an early age, theres something fcuked up there!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭walshb

That man is sick in the head

and his response: more reason now to have more people able to arm themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,198 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

We hear about guns being necessary for protection. And that sounds like a compelling argument to an extent. But I just saw the craic with the police delaying going into the school. They are trained, and were too afraid to go do their job of protecting.

The fact, as far as I can see, is that guns are for fun and status. Fcuk all to do with protection when even trained police aren't willing to use them for protection.

When I was a gosson, my mates and i would play guns. We'd go down the forest and imagine and act out scenarios where we were secret agents or special commandos or whatever. LARPing before I knew what LARPing was. We were children and it was fun. America seems to be a country where half the people are LARPing a dystopian scenario where everyone is a threat ad the government is out to get them, they need the biggest military in the world (oddly enough its under the command of the government they distrust) and a paramilitary police force. Everyone giving it the big'n about how brave and tough they are.

But ask them to do the job in real life, and they're pure cowards. Toy soldiers. Children playing guns in the forest.

Their society is broken at both ends. They have people so disillusioned, they want to shoot school children, and police so disconnected that they won't do their bloody job and use their training to protect those children.

Gun violence is only the symptom. The problems with their society are whatever causes someone to want to kill children in the first place. Guns only make that urge easier to carry out. What the fcuk causes that urge in the first place?

Post edited by El_Duderino 09 on

Who Obama?

He mentioned George Floyd in the middle of his tweet about murdered school children. Bizarre and in poor taste at best

But

"It's OK when we do it"

Post edited by Tonesjones on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,319 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Trump now involved. RTE and the media in general getting a full week of stories on this now.

The fact that your contributions are entirely ignoring the slaughter of nearly 20 children says a lot about you... You seem to only enter threads to be contrarian.... To be actively complaining that this is a major news story...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,319 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Ridiculous as usual. Just because someone isn't writing what you like look, you make grotesque assumptions.

Advertisement