Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help with bipolar disorder

• 24-05-2022 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, I am looking for advice for a family member with bipolar disorder. He was diagnosed 2 years ago after going through a phase of being very hyper and spending lots of money, not sleeping, talking non stop etc. Then came the depression and he didn't feel like doing anything and could hardly get out of bed. He was taking medication and seemed ok for a while but a few weeks ago the mania started again because he stopped taking the medication. The problem is he doesn't believe he needs them and doesn't actually believe he has bipolar. He says that the doctor told him not to take the medication but doctor made it clear he is not to stop. He gets irritated when anyone mentions him taking the medication. He has spent thousands in the last few weeks. I know it's not his fault but he is causing a lot of stress at the moment and we are worried he will lose everything. He's like a hurricane leaving a trail of destruction behind him. How do we help him see he needs the help? I would be grateful if anyone has any experience of this situation. Thanks

Post edited by kuzis on

Advertisement