Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I get a GP to register with in Leixlip area.

Options
  • 25-05-2022 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I was registered with Dr M Fay Surgery around 2005/2006.

Got a job in UK in 2016 and had to get copies of my medical records transfer to a GP in England.

I am now back, retired, in Leixlip and the surgery would not see me again claiming that they are not taking new patients.

I have HTN and OA and urgently need to be seen by a doctor.

Please, I need advice on how to get a GP help.

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 68,788 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There is a huge shortage of GPs in North Kildare due to multiple near simultaneous retirements. You need to contact every surgery and be willing to go to a different town (Celbridge, basically)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

I live nearby to leixlip and there are no GPs in any of the towns closeby as far as I know. However, parkwest medical centre in parkwest ind est near clondalkin took me on, I work there so it's handy. You'd need to be driving really to get there from leixlip though.

That's the only GP I could find, nothing in leixlip, lucan, celbridge at all.

Advertisement