Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refund to Cancelled Card

Options
  • 25-05-2022 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have refund that has been processed but my card was lost and cancelled a few weeks back. Will the funds make it or should i contact my branch to request that they do indeed "accept" the funds? The process was completed about a week ago and the funds haven't been received to my account yet so im assuming they are stuck in limbo land!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭LunaLoo

It will go into the account the card was linked to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

Even if the card was cancelled, the refund should still be returned to you within the companies time frames. Generally refunds take 5 full working days to be processed.

If you do not receive this, please investigate this further with the merchant.

Thanks, Megan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

I used to work in bank account servicing for a different bank.

this was a common query.

short answer, if the account is still open, yes.

long explaination?.....

OK imagine you account is a personal vault in the basement of the bank.

your card opens the door to get funds out.

there is a letterbox on the door for refunds.

cancel the card, and that door gets welded shut, so no more withdrawals

but the letterbox still works for refunds!

and yes, I could always tell when my manager was listening to one of my calls because she'd have her head in her hands!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Thanks, am over 5 days now waiting so ill touch base with them to see what their status is

Advertisement