Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bike Stations Dundalk

• 25-05-2022 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭

Has anyone noticed the lack of bike stations in the town of Dundalk? There's plenty inside the town but places like Lidls or Aldis there's absolutely none at all. The bike stations at the marshes are from the 90s and my Bike lock is thicker than the metal it attaches to there.

You go to the retail park and there's 6 bike stations 2 a piece one at the very side where curry's is. One at the restaurant past curries and then two just before Halfords and that's it.

It's a far cry from what you see in the Netherlands and I know we're just not a biking nation but for crying out loud the bike lanes or stations just isn't on the top of the list of priorities for people here at all.

When they did up the town from Bridge Street to clanbrassil they had an opportunity to create a bike lane but instead used the opportunity to make the sidewalk bigger for pedestrians. *facepalm*

Maybe I've got it all wrong and I'm blind but some spots in this town are woeful for parking the bike where it matters like retail park, aldis and lidls (not the one at Helenas Park it's good but makes no sense as the footfall there is not as great as I've no idea why they made the bike station there and not at tescos. )

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Oh dear! Someone isn't pleased lol

Smfh.

Sounds like

I want

I want

Advertisement