Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Make your own unbreakable hand weeding wonder fork.

Options
  • 25-05-2022 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭

Fed up bending and breaking forks and trowels while weeding? The answer is here.

The trowel is there for size comparison.

What we have is a Lidl Stainless Steel fork with the two outside prongs removed and the two remaining prongs shortened back. The original handle was removed, cut down and refitted. The result is a tool that can tackle any dock or similar weed without fear of damage. Its also very handy for digging bits of herbaceous perennials off the side of big clumps to give away or for propagation.

Its an old idea

Bowles customised standard forks by removing the two outer tines to create what he described as ‘a lovely giant toothpick that almost always accompanies me when in the garden’ (‘My Garden in Spring’, 1914)

link

Wake me up when it's all over.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Good tip! The obvious question is when next is this special on in Lidl?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Can't be too long they seem to do an offer with stainless spades and forks about twice a year?

Wake me up when it's all over.

Advertisement