Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Low water in toilet

• 25-05-2022 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello

I have noticed the water level decreasing in my dual flush toilet. Is there a way I can fix this? Getting a plumber is difficult at the moment.

The water is fine everywhere else. I haven't looked inside the toilet yet as I need to look at how to remove it. Thanks for the help

Answers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,265 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Is it Flushing fully and what happens the water level in the bowl during the flush?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 christine22

Yeah it's flushing ok. The water just drops down after it flushes. It's getting lower every day

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

IS there wet on/around the floor around the toilet? (or under if there's a room beneath it)

No sign of an leaks or low water pressure anywhere else.

No it's making just the normal flushing noise. The water is getting lower every day. It still flushes as normal

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Could be a slight blockage allowing a syphon to be formed. If that's the case it will eventually show itself.

You could lift a few manhole covers and see if it runs past OK.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,265 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Take a plunger to it and see if it changes anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

I have this a lot of the time, I have a sewage tank etx

What happens in my system is I will have a block in pipes somewhere and this starts to happen, out with rods and unblock

Normally happens when kids decide to use a full roll of toilet roll for one flush 😂

I'll have to find a plumber. I tried a plunger, drain unblocking fluid and hot water.

I can't lift the lid on the cistern. It's attached to something. And the flush button won't come off. I got one side off. There isn't a screw underneath to unscrew it.

Advertisement