Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid query

Options
  • 26-05-2022 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Hi, I am 62. Yesterday I reported myself as covid positive to HSE. I did an antgen test at home. I did three over two days actually. The first one was on monday, although it was around last friday that I first experienced being unwell. This was basically a bit of a cough and feeling bit weak.

I had 2 vaccines and one booster.

I am feeling pretty good overall. No loss of smell, or taste. No shortage of breath. No Fever.

About two ago, I woke up feeling pretty sweaty. But as I said no fever.

I looked up those symptons online and concluded that I had the omicron virus.

But I have also noticed a significant weight loss. How much I won't say, as I could be totally off. I don't have my own weighing scales.

But it is certainly a stone.

Now what might have caused this?

Well, there was one day when I had two big bouts of poo. I wouldn't even call it diahrea.

But I feel okay except for coughing now and again, and sometimes needing to bring up pghlem.

My throat feels a bit sore from that, but not much.

Overall so far, I have been pretty lucky.

I was just wondering if anybody else with simnilarly mild symptons also experienced weight loss, even though they were eating normally.

Note. I have been trying to get through to my doctor,

Comments

Advertisement