Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom fan stopping and starting. New fan needed?

Options
  • 26-05-2022 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

I have a manrose quiet 100t bathroom fan. Great little fan and quiet enough.

However, recently it has started to act a bit funny so I was hoping to get some past experiences here or see if I need to replace it or if there's something else I can try first. I'll outline the problem below...

Firstly, it runs off the light and also has an isolation switch next to it . It runs on for 5 mins after the light is turned off.

When it is switched on, the fan starts and stops , maybe every few seconds. Runs, then stops, then runs again. Repeatedly but not always the same intervals.

Weirdly, when the light is turned off and the fan is on the timer, it runs fine, mostly. Maybe 1 or 2 stops in the 5 mins.

Any thoughts before I have to replace it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭CreadanLady

Either the fan or the switch controlling it is knackered.

The MFV Creadan Lady is a mussel dredger from Dunmore East.

Advertisement