Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Andor [Disney+]

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,676 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

i wonder if other writer-producers will follow his example… If this had happened last time it would have shut down a lot of films and shows. Be interesting how studios react especially in the long-term. It wouldn’t have been issue in past as writers were kept away from producing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,378 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

For sure. Though the nature of the franchise Gilroy is attached to always meant it'd attract more eyeballs and criticism than ... I dunno, were he producing a TV spin off of Michael Clayton. I guess the question is how involved any given writer-director-producer, and the relative exposure the production has.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,378 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Showing the complications arising from the US strike: apparently Andor has partially stopped production - with UK actors who aren't members of SAG able to continue. It's unclear to what extent this makes production viable but shows how international shoots make things trickier.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭Shoog

Not really a Star Wars fan but Andor and the Mandalorian have been excellent, especially Andor.

Might have passed folks by, but looks like we won't be getting Season 2 of this 'til 2025 at the earliest: Disney revealed the MCU / Star Wars shows coming up in 2024 and Andor was notable in not being one of the two SW properties (The Acolyte and Skeleton Crew)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

what?! I think they've finished filming haven't they? very surprised at that, thought we'd get it summer/autumn 2024.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

I'd say the strikes really put all the fx house's behind the 8 ball. Their workload is already ridiculous with all the star wars/marvel shows they're pumping out. Then they have to close down for months, I'd say the burnout and attrition of staff is ridiculous in that industry .

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Andor and GTA 6, 2025 will be a long wait 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Acosta

Re-watched this over a couple of nights last week. I enjoyed it even more the second time round. It watches like a long movie. Easily the best Star Wars of any sort since ROTJ. I like almost everything about it. The writing, story, characters, the actors, the score, the impressive set design.

Redlettermedia did a review.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ben Mendelsohn (Krennic) returning

• Advertisement

It'll be interesting to see what they do with Krennic with the runway of a TV series: his bureaucratic, middle-manager energy was the kind of thing we saw expanded into an overall theme in Andor; you'd have to think that's the plan with Krennic this time around.

Advertisement