Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro Stage 19 Marano Lagunare to Castelmonte

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

The battle between the 3 main GC rivals is very tame really when you think about. Each of them making small bursts and then stopping. None of them willing to go all out. Landa especially should have gone for a much longer effort but then maybe didn't have it in him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

Schmid is really hacked off

• Registered Users Posts: 13,412 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Yeah that slow-mo replay shows that Bouwman cut across Schmid, forcing Schmid to slam on the brakes. Schmid's back wheel locked up, he ran wide and that caused Vendrame to go off course.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,432 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

That stage was a big letdown for me. I expected a good breakaway but we only got a few half decent riders in it.

I expected somebody from the front three on GC to make a good effort at trying to move away from the other two but we git very little from that either.

I just have this feeling that Landa is the strongest on the very steep climbs. He has nothing to lose tomorrow and he needs to break away from Hindley and Carapaz. I think he needs to get two minutes to have any chance on Sunday. That'd give him around a one minute lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Think Carapaz is the strongest myself, he's just been biding his time and following attacks, with a few half-hearted ones himself. He also is a rider who doesn't really need the sky-neos train to support him, he's well able to ride himself and follow others, so the loss of Porte shouldn't be that big a deal. Can see him putting in a dig tomorrow that finally snaps Landa and Hindley of his wheel.

Would rather one of the other 2 win it because Ineos, but that would be tempered a bit as I actually like Carapaz.

• Advertisement
Advertisement