Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's up with Panda, still in business?

• 27-05-2022 10:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭

Anyone know what's going on with Panda Ireland? It seems almost as if they've stopped doing business or something because their social media is filled with comments from unsatisfied customers, their live customer service is "currently unavailable" and if you try to log into your account, it says "scheduled maintenance" (which has been going on for quite some time). The main problem though is that yesterday was bin collection day and the trucks never showed up in our area. Everyone still has their compost bins out and if we're going to have to wait for another two weeks for collection, it might get stinky around here. It's a fairly large area that they have left unattended and when I tried to find out what's going on, started to wonder if they're in trouble or something. I've contacted them about the failure to collect and they did get back to me to ask for the address and account number but heard nothing back from them since I replied. Currently trying to investigate if any of the neighbours in the area have managed to contact them and get an answer of some kind. Switching the service provider might prove difficult at the moment as from what I hear, everyone is pretty much at capacity now so they don't take new customers.

Has anyone encountered similar problems recently? It is frustrating to pay so much for a service they're not delivering.

Post edited by ShayNanigan on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭ShayNanigan

Answer from Panda that for whatever reason they could not access the area because of some roadworks etc. Understandable but still would have been nice if they somehow informed their customers of such a hindrance and let people know when they'd be back. Now it's down to the customer to go through the trouble of contacting them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭macvin

Surely if you are there you can see the roadworks?

And then possibly think they could be related?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭ShayNanigan

They weren't blocking the entire road as far as I could see and no, I can't see the whole road from my windows as the road curves. Whenever I was out, the road wasn't blocked, just the footpaths from here and there. I did see cars coming and going so the thought of the works for new pavement blocking the entire road didn't enter my mind. If there was a total roadblock at some point, I don't know but I didn't hear the trucks anywhere near our area the entire day. In hindsight, seems like a convenient excuse to me but who knows. Wouldn't help me one bit to go arguing with Panda about it. At least they arrived on Saturday to empty the bins.

Advertisement