Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saalbach Ski school location

Options
  • 27-05-2022 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi folks,

I'm bring my kids to Saalbach this year. First time as have been to Mayrhofen last year with the kids. They are 4,6, and 8 .. We stayed somehwere that was 7 min walk away las year and left the gear at the top of penken each day so looking to book somewhere similar this year. In Mayrhofen the main lift is the Penkenbahn and most of the ski schools have set up shop at the top of this( Appreciate they are also on Ahorn etc). Saalbach ski map is very different in that you there are loads of lifts to different areas . I'm looking to book acomadation and want to book somewhere within walking distance of a ski lift where a ski school is located.

So to my question...

Is there particular lift where the ski schools setup? its hard to make out as when looking at their websites I don't see information on where they are located on the mountains. It just gives their address in the town.

Thanks

Browndog82

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭The Big Gig

Pretty sure most Ski Schools operate from the Kohlmaisbahn side. Anywhere along the oberdorf will be grand. In fact even if you’re staying at bottom of town it’s not that much of a walk.

Where are you thinking of staying?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Browndog82

Hey big gig,

Cheers for the feedback. Planning on staying here Bergzeit Penthouse Saalbach.. On booking.com. It says it 200m from Kohlmaisgipfelbahn so Im hoping we are good based on that? Not much left as I left it late and the good stuff is gone. Saalbach seems to be a good bit more expensive for accomadation compared to Mayrhofen

Cheers

Browndog

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Hi Browndog

I was there 8 years ago and from memory the ski school meeting point was at

Turmlift Talstation, 5753 Saalbach, Austria

which is I guess very close to your accommodation.

The childrens area was at the other side of the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭fulldnod

we went to saalbach 4/5 years ago, there was a few beginners that got lessons, i booked Skifürst - rent a ski for lessons, they were good, i should off rented the skis of them aswell, the lessons were at the top of the bernkogel

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

All of the gondolas are so close to each other - it will depend on the ski abilities of the kids, but nothing will be too far. It's an incredibly convenient resort.

We used https://www.skischule-saalbach.at/de/ a few times and they were really excellent with a great ski hire/school deal. I remember the instructor telling us about the extra education they had to complete before the ski school started in the mornings - it was really comprehensive. Definitely filled me with confidence!

• Advertisement
Advertisement