Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Corona - Now UK brewed

• 27-05-2022 12:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,708 ✭✭✭✭
    M

I notice now all Irish and UK sold Corona is brewed in UK rather than imported from Mexico. Had some a few weeks ago and noticed it tastes very poor compared to the Mexican sourced stuff. Anyone noticed similar?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Yeh I have noticed this while ago. If you buy the 660ml bottle I think that might come in from Mexico still?

Bira Moretti is the same. All brewed in the uk.

It's crap to be honest. Wouldn't waste my money on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,708 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Cheers, must try the 660ml and stock up. I notice too that 330ml cans are appearing, again UK brewed.

I think the Peroni is probably UK too. Anything brewed in the UK is terrible.

Pardon me I tell a lie.

Corona 620ml is brewed in the UK

Moretii 660ml is brewed in Italy and imported. All of the multi pack bottle (12pk) are brewed in the UK so crap.

Heineken 660ml is brewed in holland and imported.

Corona light - bottles- look like they are still brewed in Mexico and imported into europe.

It's all on tesco website when you click into the product.

M

Yes I'm pretty sure the 660ml bottles of Corona were Mexico sourced when I got them a year or so ago. What an odd new size 620ml.

Looks like sooner or later a booze cruise to France is needed to stock up.

• Advertisement

100 percent. We are gone an awful kip for beers. I'm not mad into the craft side of things but do like a good mainstream lager from it's original country of origin. I hate when they are brewed under license in another country.

Estrella is all imported from spain.

Actually peroni is imported from Italy. 10 x 330ml cans for 13 euro at the moment.

You're right to be careful. Any of the stuff not imported from the likes of Italy ,Spain or Mexico is just toxic. Especially when it is brewed in the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,147 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

you can add Staropramen to the list of UK brewed lagers. Possibly Tyskie too (which used to be my go-to cheap-but-decent lager before MUP made it largely academic)

M

It's strange with Corona, I'd have thought that C&C would have followed the EU import approach rather than gone to brewing it in the UK, I'd much rather spend more on it than drinking that UK version which is dirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,741 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

All of them or just the 660 bottles? The 500mL were still brewed in Prague last time I looked.

Disgraceful thing to do to one of the great traditional beer brands.

Was looking at Staropramen Unfiltered last weekend, between the tiny writing and the gold-coloured label I couldn't see where it was brewed, so didn't buy.

Scrap the cap!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Staropramen hasn't been great in many years. Turns out being passed between three multinationals in quick order is not good for beer quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,251 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

I dare say that their UK market would be bigger than their EU market hence UK brewing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,524 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Any Peroni 330ml bottles I've ever bought had a rear label which shows the brewery as either Bari or Padova (Padua). Checked my current stock just now and the bottles were brewed in Bari.

Their website says they have three breweries - Rome, Bari and Padua.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Corona is now available on draught in the UK, so I'd imagine that's why they've gone with brewing it there.

Advertisement