Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Probation terminated - legal advise

• 27-05-2022 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

I am just looking for some legal advise here. To cut a long story short, I started a job within credit control in January. It took a good while to go through the interview process and start with the company and I rejected 2 other job offers along the way. In highsight, that was a big mistake.

The first 2 months went excellent but I noticed a change in my managers attitude during the 3rd month - hardening of views on certain issues, nit-picking on not coming to agreements with certain colleagues. I was the first person to work in the credit control department for the company and I don't want to give myself a big head but was successful within the credit control part of things.

However one day, I got a Slack message that we were going to have a 3 month probationary meeting with HR the next day last month. It was like a "show trial" and the evidence against me was of bs reasons of not getting on with some colleagues and accusing a manager of doing something but no evidence was proved. On the job itself, both HR and the manager agreed that there were no problems. I just was not "connecting with people which I think is complete bs. However looking back, I should have seen this coming from a mile out.

Is there any legal recourse for this when on probation? I am very embarassed about it. The company have apologized and given me a reference but this does not get me back working or provide me an income. Any questions, please ask.

Comments

Advertisement