Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

F1 2022 Round 7 - Monaco

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Sainz crashing again 😂

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

I'm sure Ferrari won't be sorry Sainz crashed there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I'm not going the blame the marshalls, but I am sure from Perez's onboard footage you can see a lad looking for a flag and waving a green flag eventually.

Will be interesting to see if Sainz had yellow flags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

They didn't show a replay of what happened the Alpine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Sainz doesn’t need another trip to the stewards. There was enough time for him to see the yellow flags and slow down.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Did Sainz ignore a double waved yellow there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭thefa

I’d prefer if there’s no position penalties for anything and the lineup is as is.

Realise Perez ended that session but it’s weird seeing a driver who’s pretty average at qualifying, out qualifying Max for the second time this season. The bias of the car towards Max’s driving must be well and truly gone.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

They need to introduce a rule that if the session is stopped at a point where resuming isn't possible due to the time left then they reset the clock to 2.5x the current pole time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ricimaki

Very small amount of debris after Tsunoda hits the barrier is an instant red flag.

Perez blocking a significant portion of the track in a blind corner is only a yellow.

Good ole stewards...

• Advertisement

We don’t know. He better hope there is circumstances that helps him because I agree with Martin Brundle that there was enough time for him to stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Genuinely wonder if the flags were changed in time. Or maybe was he nearer to the alpine that span off and assumed that's what the yellow was and didn't react as much going into that corner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭thefa

It’ll be interesting to see. On the replay there was a green flag on the entrance to the tunnel so maybe that is what he saw better ? I don’t know but I’m sure the stewards will have all the data and angles.

Tunnel was after the crash so green would be correct there. Brundle says there was a yellow flashing screen before he turned from the on-board

• Advertisement

Yellow flag is thrown just after Carlos starts braking. Not enough time for him to do anything really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

He probably was slowing in fairness having seen that, he seemed to react to the yellow light but nothing he could do in that space and time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Plenty, counting in my head it was something like 3 to 4 seconds after Perez came to a halt before Sainz came into shot! That’s an eternity and unless there was literally no flags prior to that corner Sainz could well be in trouble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Looked too late for Sainz to do anything, there was no yellow flag at turn 7 it was only when he approached turn 8 was there a yellow flag and the board lit up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭chicorytip

He might be if it were a proper racetrack but in Monte Carlo forward visibility is so highly restricted it's more difficult for drivers to avoid colliding with a stricken car up ahead and more difficult for stewards to issue warning signals in time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

They really should rethink how qualifying is done here in Monaco. Maybe only have 5 cars out at one time or something. Maybe say 2 from Ferrari and 2 from Red Bull with Maybe one from Mercedes or Mclaren and then 3 more groups of 5 with the slowest teams or cars going last. That way it would make it fair.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Looks like the yellow came a bit late for Sainz especially if he was going for it

True, the post above yours mentions that there wasn’t actually a flag he could even see until that corner, the onboards posted since appear to back that up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭guyfo

That's a ridiculous idea... a red flag less than 2 mins before the end of any qualifying session would have had the same effect, it's nothing unusual.

Here comes the rain in F2!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

On review it really looks like the marshals screwed up with flagging the race after Perez crash. Even if they didn't have the flags they should have been at the corner waving Carlos to slow down and alert him. The yellow flag only came up as he was at turning point of the corner. He was slowing down but nothing was there to alert him how imminent the incident was. A penalty/reprimand would be very very unfair.

Ms

Well the most exciting part of Monaco is over and it was not even that exciting. I am glad I will not be watching live tomorrow as it will probably be a borefest. I see Hamilton getting lapped by at least two or three of the front runners maybe more.

I see Leclerc winning this unless Ferrari fu-ck up which I hope they do not.

It will be a road train tomorrow and the rain if it comes will not make much difference here.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Tyre choice and strategy calls will spice it up. Think there will be a few safety cars too

Ms

Just seen Alonsos crash there now. He just went into the turn to hot a tried to go to the escape road but it was too little too late that's why he crashed. Might be on You-Tube now. I just seen it on Sky on Showcase after the Qualifying.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Rain showers tomorrow will hopefully spice things up a bit, but we've seen it before where there's rain forecast for the race and it doesn't arrive until the race is over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭This is it

Even with rain, a car at the front on slick tyres will probably still hold the lead!

Hopefully there will be some action, there could be some reliability issues, it looks like there is a 70% chance of rain so that would mix it up. Something like 1996 when less than a handful of cars finished?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,257 ✭✭✭✭flazio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

The camera breaks up did he crash on the inside barrier first?

Looks that way.

The front wheels aren't pointing the same way just before it hits the barrier with the Rolex signage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭quokula

Yeah there's been plenty of great Monaco GPs in the past. The smallest mistake can turn the race upside down, and strategy can be vital if the tyres struggle. You can't just pit at the ideal time for your pit window and know you'll breeze past slower cars on old tyres so there's a whole extra dimension. And if there's rain too, Olivier Panis' shock victory in the wet in 96, and Schumacher's masterclass in the wet a year later still remain among some of the most memorable races I've ever seen.

I do expect Leclerc to walk it if it's dry, but Verstappen to be on the attack to get up to 2nd. And if it's wet then everything is up for grabs.

I'm also looking forward to seeing the racing among the three former world champions who all line up together. It's amazing that they're next to each other when the Mercedes is so much faster than the Alpine and the Alpine is so much faster than the Aston Martin. An interesting reflection on how well each driver is performing given the equipment they have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭quokula

Interesting look at the evolution of the cars over the years.

With the way they react now if there's any rain at all it'll probably run into the feckin start of the Indy 500.

• Advertisement

Meant to post that yesterday. Mad seeing how much the pre-snowplough bounced around the place. Part of why they looked so fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

My friend Ray Diation will be joining me to watch the race today. Woohoo!

Forecast looking a bit better today, still a good chance of rain (maybe late in the race depending on which forecast you look at)

Accuweather predicts rain at 3pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭Darwin

Meteofrance showing possibility of showers in the afternoon, the Alpes-Maritimes department is under a yellow thunderstorm warning from 3pm. If it does rain in the afternoon, only trace amounts are forecast around Monaco.

Thunderstorms in the area now according to Ventusky

• Advertisement

Very murky there now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭guyfo

Radar forecast for the next 1.5 hrs is showing lots of rain surrounding Monaco by 3pm, whether it makes it across the mountains to the track is another question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭This is it

Won't get to watch this live unfortunately, have to record it. Great chance for LeClerc, hoping Ferrari don't mess up on strategy. Also hope LeClerc doesn't do anything silly to jeopardise a win.

Leclercs monaco record is something else 2017 dnf twice, 2018 dnf, 2019 dnf and 2021 didn't even start the race after that quali crash. Seen he's currently 11/4 to dnf today

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement