Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roadstone Kinsealy use of Explosives & Broken Windows

Options
  • 27-05-2022 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭

There’s a previous thread on here about this quarry, didn’t want to revive a zombie thread so here goes;

They seem to be blasting now on a daily basis, the alarm goes off and the house shakes quite severely.

One of the neighbours had their window broken. Mine was broken a while back.

Anyone else with a similar problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,278 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Did you go to the Gardai ?

Sounds like criminal damage. Reckless nature of it in my belief and amateur understanding of the law specifically the recklessness should make them guilty of an offence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Talk of getting Gardai involved in earlier post but no interest on their behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,257 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I feel like it'll be difficult to prove damage in the case of explosives being used at the roadstone site

Only thing I can think of would be to setup some sensors to monitor your house. A small seismograph, a microphone and maybe some CCTV cameras may be enough to prove your case

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Or 10 neighbours in a row all saying their house shakes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,645 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Speaking from experience of construction vibrations. I'd reckon the onus would be on them to prove the damage isn't them. It's not normal for windows to break.

I'd be straight onto a solicitor, with evidence from the street and those further away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,645 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

BTW you can hire vibration monitors. Maybe a few club together and get one??

• Registered Users Posts: 40 BradyH

Yeah they are really taking the piss. I feel sorry for any Ukrainian within earshot hearing war siren then explosion with no context😬

Advertisement